Black Founder Startup Grant
Grants to USA Black Women to Increase Diversity in Entrepreneurship
Winky Lux, bluemercury, twelveNYC, and Walmart.org’s Center for Racial Equity
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA); Guam (USA); Puerto Rico (USA); Virgin Islands (USA); Northern Mariana Islands (USA);
USA Compact Free Associations:The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
International, Israel and Canada.
Deadline: Ongoing Save
Grants of $5,000, grants of $10,000, and in-kind support to USA Black women entrepreneurs to support equal opportunities in business. The purpose of this program is to support high-impact ideas and solutions and break down barriers caused by racial inequality. Eligible applicants are Black women or Black nonbinary entrepreneurs.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
To qualify, you should:
– Self-identify as a Black woman or Black nonbinary entrepreneur
– Have a legally registered business
– Plan to seek investor financing in order to scale, now or in the future
– Have a scalable, high-impact solution or idea with the ambition to be the next billion-dollar business
Applications are rolling. If you have already applied, there is no need to apply again.
Estimated Size of Grant
- $10K and $5K cash grants
- Awardees will also receive tactical help navigating the fundraising environment at large so that they will have a more equitable opportunity at scaling the next billion dollar idea. They will also receive lifetime “ask-me-anything” access to the SoGal Foundation and SoGal Ventures teams.
Entrepreneurs and Startups